Report Tracks Progress Across Three Key Dimensions
SAN FRANCISCO, July 6, 2016 — Prologis, Inc. (NYSE: PLD), the global leader in logistics real estate, today announced the release of its annual Sustainability Report.
The report documents the company’s activities in the three dimensions of sustainability: environmental stewardship, social responsibility and corporate governance and ethics.
Highlights from the report include:
- The certification of 45 projects totaling 15 million square feet of sustainable buildings in 2015, bringing the company’s total sustainable building certifications to 68 million square feet across 173 projects in 15 countries.
- Solar installations in the company’s footprint increased by 30 megawatts (MW) to 149 MW in nine countries.
- 73 percent of the company’s operating portfolio now has efficient lighting, up from 68 percent in 2014.
- $1.5 million donated by Prologis and the Prologis Foundation to local nonprofits.
- More than 9,900 employee volunteer hours contributed, including those during IMPACT Day, Prologis’ global day of service, to more than 60 nonprofit organizations in the areas of education, human welfare and the environment.
- 105 months of rent-free distribution center space donated to 18 nonprofits through Prologis’ Space for Good program.
Corporate Governance and Ethics
- REIT industry’s corporate governance leader for the thirteenth year in a row, according to Green Street Advisors.
“As I look back on this past year, I am proud of our sustainability accomplishments and inspired by my fellow employees,” said Jeannie Renne-Malone, vice president, Sustainability. “Their efforts to minimize our environmental impacts, engage with our communities, and act with uncompromising integrity are the lifeblood of our sustainability program. Together, we will work diligently so that Prologis is resilient in the face of complex and interrelated global challenges and to ensure that our sustainability program will leave a lasting positive impact for generations to come.”
The report, which has been externally assured, follows the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) framework. It was developed in accordance with the GRI G4 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines and the Construction and Real Estate Sector Supplement (CRESS) in accordance with the Core option.
The complete report is available online at Prologis Sustainability.
Prologis, Inc. is the global leader in logistics real estate with a focus on high-barrier, high-growth markets. As of March 31, 2016, the company owned or had investments in, on a wholly owned basis or through co-investment ventures, properties and development projects expected to total approximately 667 million square feet (62 million square meters) in 20 countries. Prologis leases modern distribution facilities to a diverse base of approximately 5,200 customers across two major categories: business-to-business and retail/online fulfillment.