Puyallup, Wash., April 1, 2019 – PMF Investments (www.pmfinvestments.com) (PMF), a Bellevue, Wash.-based developer, owner and manager of commercial real estate properties, today announced the start of construction at Pioneer Crossing, a new six-building, 86,000 sq. ft. grocery store-anchored shopping center in downtown Puyallup. The leasing at the project has been strong and the project is nearly fully leased as construction gets underway.
Conveniently located between E. Pioneer Ave. and Shaw Road E. near the State Route 167 and State Route 410 interchange at 708-732 Shaw Road E., the Center will be anchored by national grocery chain Albertsons Companies under the Safeway banner in a 56,000 sq. ft. space. The development is currently slated for completion November 2019.
“Demand for high-quality, convenient shopping is important for a growing area like the East Shaw Road area of downtown Puyallup,” said Brian Franklin, President of PMF Investments. “At Pioneer Crossing, our goal is to create the best-developed retail in Pierce County, and we couldn’t be more thrilled to work with the city of Puyallup and Albertsons Companies on this new venture.”
New Safeway Banner Prototype Store & New Retail Across Five Buildings
Named for its proximity to Pioneer Ave. and near longstanding train tracks and what used to be farm lands, Pioneer Crossing will feature five standalone buildings ranging in size from 3,000-8,000 sq. ft. in addition to the Safeway grocery store as the anchor tenant and a standalone Safeway fuel station.
The new Safeway store design concept has an emphasis on natural light and modern finishes, including an open ceiling with skylights and concrete flooring, representing a first-of-its-kind, enhanced customer experience for the Pacific Northwest region.
The new store will also include a variety of prepared food options, salad bar, designer floral department, expanded produce department, expansive wine/craft beer area, full-service sushi counter, and the Drive-Up and Go feature for pick-up of on-line orders.
“Safeway has been a part of the Puyallup community for decades and we are thrilled to bring our more modern store format to this neighborhood. Our focus on healthy prepared foods, local and organic product, and an experience-driven design will provide a unique neighborhood amenity and an exceptional customer shopping experience for the community,” said Karl Schroeder, Seattle Division President with Albertsons Companies.
Ideal Location in Fast-Growing Puget Sound Submarket
Located in the second-fastest growing submarket in the Puget Sound region, Pioneer Crossing is next to the the Knutson Farms Industrial Park, which is currently under development. To further the project, PMF Investments worked closely with Pierce County, the City of Puyallup and landowners.
Specifically, the project includes:
- Regional Lift Station Pressure Sewer. A new regional lift station was created on the project site with the help of PMF in order to give increased access to sewer for new developments in the surrounding areas, requiring close collaborations with nearby landowners and the City of Puyallup.
- Wetlands Enhancement. On-site wetlands were also enhanced as PMF was the first company to use Pierce County’s ‘In-Lieu Fee Program.’ (Additional funds will assist other county restoration projects.)
- Porous Pavement. To create natural storm water infiltration, the project is using porous pavement and porous concrete as the largest porous pavement retail project in Pierce County.
- Sustainable Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing. As the first big-box grocery store in Puyallup and possibly Pierce County to meet the 2018 Washington State Energy Code, the project has numerous eco-friendly elements including LED lighting, efficient HVAC and low-flow plumbing fixtures.
- Puyallup Vegetative Management Standards. The project also achieves a substantial number of landscape features and urban design standards to ensure an enhanced pedestrian experience and to help cool storm water before it enters the area drainage basin.
Developed by PMF Investments, Pioneer Crossing is being constructed by general contractor CSI Construction Company (www.csigc.com). BCRA Design is the architect (www.bcradesign.com) and PacLand is the civil engineer (www.pacland.com). As project completion nears, PMF is nearly fully leases but is focused on enhancing its tenant mix at the Pioneer Crossing.About PMF Investments.
Since 1978, PMF Investments has put a premium on acquiring and developing undervalued commercial real estate properties. The company has led commercial, industrial and mixed-use projects throughout Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho and Ohio. PMF has a reputation for long-term real estate investing, which has enabled them to develop long-lasting relationships within the communities where they do business. PMF has also developed a strong portfolio by responding to strategic opportunities rather than short-term market fluctuations. Learn more at www.pmfinvesmtents.com