Woodinville’s First ‘Bubbles-Only’ Bar to Feature Champagnes and Sparkling Wines from Around the Globe in Luxurious New ‘Wine Walk Row’ Space
Woodinville, Wash. – MainStreet Property Group LLC, a full-service Kirkland-based real estate developer, along with partner HAL Real Estate, today announced that McQueen Champagne Bar will open in The Schoolhouse District’s new ‘Wine Walk Row’.
As a first-of-its-kind location specializing in Champagne and sparkling wine, McQueen Champagne Bar will occupy a key space in The Schoolhouse District’s popular Wine Walk Row, which provides a vibrant collection of wine tasting rooms and food experiences. Interested parties can visit website for more information on leasing opportunities at Wine Walk Row.
“We are thrilled to be part of the exciting new Schoolhouse District project located amidst Woodinville’s famous wine country and look forward to meeting new friends, visitors, and neighbors from the District Flats Apartments in our new location,” said Brandee Slosar, Owner of McQueen Champagne Bar.
McQueen Champagne Bar at The Schoolhouse District
As a new expansion project from the owners of well-known SoDo winery Structure Cellars, McQueen Champagne Bar will offer a broad spectrum of Champagne and sparkling wines available by flight, glass, or bottle. From the crispest Blanc de Blancs to the darkest sparkling Lambrusco, offerings will be sourced around the globe from Austria to Australia, with prices ranging from $9 per glass to $350 per bottle. McQueen will also carry well-known classic producers like Bollinger, Billecart-Salmon, and Louis Roederer, along with bubbles from vineyards/winemakers doing small productions of unique and amazing selections.
Interiors at McQueen Champagne Bar will convey a dark, luxurious, and rebellious vibe, with luxe velvet couches, a full leather wall, and hints of gold throughout four distinct lounge areas—including the main lounge with mezzanine and seated bar. Other notable design elements will include original art, dramatic lighting, a fireplace nook with cozy flickering candles, and a replication of a moody fifteen-by-thirteen-foot 17th Century Dutch floral painting.
Slated to open in early 2022, McQueen Champagne Bar will also offer bites a Champagne-friendly food menu. The new location is also planning to offer special events and bubbles classes throughout the year, including Champagne and sparkling wines clubs specially-curated for members only. It will now begin offering special holiday gatherings and private event reservations, with more details available at website.
“As the only location in this area that specializes in Champagne and sparkling wine, we think McQueen Champagne Bar is well-positioned to become a standout among the many tasting rooms in Woodinville,” continued Slosar. “We are focused on setting a dramatic tone that makes our customers feel like royalty when they enter our space—like they’ve just found a dark, mysterious jewel in a sea of wine corks—and we can’t wait to begin welcoming them in.”
History Reimagined: The Schoolhouse District Comes Back to Life
Together with the City of Woodinville, MainStreet began construction on the transformative ‘The Schoolhouse District’ project in the heart of downtown Woodinville in summer 2019.
Adjacent to the downtown soccer fields and City Hall, The Schoolhouse District will provide a first-of-its-kind destination experience and includes the following:
- District Flats. 264 Residential units currently 43% leased. Consisting of studio to 3 Bedroom units and a best in class amenity package.
- Schoolhouse No. 23 Building: Originally built in 1909, Woodinville’s historic Schoolhouse No. 23 has stood empty for more than a decade and has been restored by MainStreet Property Group. Restored (including extensive brick/window restorations) as a historic landmark building through coordination with the King County Landmarks Committee, Schoolhouse No. 23 features Walla Walla Steak Co. and Crossbuck Brewing as anchor tenants occupying the entirebuilding.
- Wine Walk Row: Up to 11 wine tasting and curated complementary retail spaces on the ground floor of the project’s three multi-family buildings. The ‘Wine Walk Row’ spaces, now fully leased, include individual roll-up doors and ample room for outdoor seating / gathering.
- Additional Retail Space: Featuring light-filled, oversized windows facing NE 175th St. and high-ceilings, the 3,400 sq. ft retail space across from the Schoolhouse No. 23 Building is leased to Oasis Spa, a full-service local medical and day spa. This corner will also feature a small ice cream kiosk.Additionally,Ethan Stowell’sBallard Pizza Company will open its first Eastside location at The Schoolhouse District in early 2022, and well-known local caterer and chef Lisa Dupar will open a café within the project soon, as well.
- Recreation: Renovation of 8,000 sq. ft. of the existing Carol Edwards Center YMCA, and the addition of 8,500 sq. ft. of childcare space, accommodating up to 120 children and outdoor play area open to the public when the daycare is not in session.
- Open Space and Festival Street: Addition of approximately 30,000 sq. ft. of public open space, including a Festival Street promenade used for City events such as a farmer’s market with public restrooms. This area will also include outdoor dining and seating, a public playground, a chalkboard wall and game areas, an outdoor movie wall, public art and field-viewing spaces.
Savvy Local Project Team
The District Flats was constructed by GenCap Construction Corp., a commercial general contracting and construction management firm. Additional project team members include GGLO (architect and interior designer), Site Workshop (landscape architect), Blueline (civil engineer), DCI (structural engineer), and O’Brien 360 (LEED consultant). District Flats is managed by InSite Property Solutions.
For information about residential leasing opportunities at District Flats, interested parties can visit the project website for details about available spaces or contact Cynthia Mace at Insite Property Solutions by email or phone (425) 250 – 0490 ext. 705. For those interested in available commercial space at The Schoolhouse District, interested parties can contact Angela Oliveri at First Western Properties by email or phone (206-853-1330), where visitors can view individual floorplans for available retail spaces.
About MainStreet Property Group. MainStreet Property Group and its family of companies develops, constructs and operates remarkable residential communities and commercial spaces with the goal of delighting our customers. To do this, MainStreet encourages innovation and creativity to foster unique perspective that emphasize thoughtful, environmentally-friendly approaches. As a leading Puget Sound developer with a focus on the Eastside, MainStreet has been a meaningful leader in the revitalization efforts of downtown Bothell, Kenmore, Redmond and Sammamish, and has completed multifamily projects across the Eastside region. In addition to MainStreet Property Group, the MainStreet family of companies includes GenCap Construction Corp., a commercial general contractor and Insite Property Solutions LLC, a property management company.
About HAL Real Estate. HAL Real Estate Inc. is a Seattle-based real estate investment firm focused on direct and joint-venture investment opportunities across the Greater Puget Sound region. HAL has deep experience in acquisition, development and recapitalization of apartment, condominium, office, and mixed-use properties. The firm has the financial resources of a large institutional investor, but operates with the speed and flexibility of a local private investor using its own capital.
About Structure Cellars and McQueen Champagne Bar. Founded in 2011 and located in Seattle’s SoDo neighborhood, Structure Cellars is owned by husband and wife team Brian Grasso and Brandee Slosar. The company utilizes nine different varietals but specialize in Syrah (Brian’s favorite) and Cab Franc (Brandee’s favorite). As Structure Cellars’ new sister business, McQueen Champagne Bar is designed to showcase Brandee’s enthusiasm for all things bubbly.