The Registry/Mighty Dot Media, Inc.
Last Updated: July 24, 2023
At The Registry/Mighty Dot Media, Inc., we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data. This Privacy Notice explains how we collect, use, and share your personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other applicable data protection laws.
1. Data Controller
The Registry/Mighty Dot Media, Inc. is the data controller for the personal data we collect and process about you. If you have any questions or concerns about how your personal data is being handled, you can contact us at:
The Registry/Mighty Dot Media, Inc.
2028 E Ben White Blvd. #240-1184
Austin TX 78741
United States of America
2. Information We Collect
We may collect and process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Identity Data: Includes your name, username, or similar identifier.
- Contact Data: Includes your email address, postal address, and phone number.
- Financial Data: May include payment card details, but we do not store or process payment card information directly. Instead, we use secure third-party payment processors.
- Technical Data: Includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform, as well as other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
- Usage Data: Information about how you use our website and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data: Your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and your communication preferences.
3. How We Use Your Personal Data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our products and services to you.
- To process and fulfill orders and requests made by you.
- To communicate with you, including responding to your inquiries and providing customer support.
- To improve our website and services and to ensure their technical functionality and security.
- To send you marketing communications and updates if you have opted to receive them (you can opt-out at any time).
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
4. Legal Basis for Processing Your Data
We process your personal data based on the following legal grounds:
- Performance of a Contract: Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
- Consent: You have given us specific consent to process your personal data for certain purposes (e.g., receiving marketing communications).
- Legitimate Interests: Processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of a third party, provided that such interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
- Legal Obligations: Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
5. Data Sharing
We may share your personal data with third parties under the following circumstances:
- With our service providers, business partners, and contractors who assist us in delivering our products and services.
- With our professional advisors (e.g., legal counsel, auditors) when necessary for legal and compliance purposes.
- With law enforcement agencies, government bodies, regulatory authorities, or other third parties when required by applicable law or in response to legal process.
6. International Data Transfers
Your personal data may be transferred to and processed in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and other regions with data protection laws that may differ from those of your country. In such cases, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your personal data.
7. Data Retention
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
8. Your Rights
Under the GDPR, you have certain rights regarding your personal data, including:
- The right to access your personal data.
- The right to rectify any inaccurate or incomplete personal data.
- The right to erasure (right to be forgotten) under certain circumstances.
- The right to restrict processing under certain circumstances.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making, including profiling.
9. Cookies and Similar Technologies
10. Contact Us
If you have any questions, concerns, or requests regarding your personal data or this Privacy Notice, please contact us using the information provided in Section 1.
11. Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect changes in our practices or for other operational, legal, or regulatory reasons. Any updates will be posted on our website, and the revised version will be effective as of the “Last Updated” date mentioned at the beginning of this Privacy Notice.
Thank you for trusting The Registry/Mighty Dot Media, Inc. with your personal data.