- This event has passed.
SMPS Seattle: Workshop | Create Proposal Content Clients Crave
February 26 @ 7:30 am - 12:00 pm PST
This workshop is sold out. Due to the populatiry of this workshop, we have added an additional session. Click here for details and registration.
Lose the boilerplate copy! Discover how to write about what’s most important to the client, gain strategies to create exceptional proposal content, and learn how to help your technical teammates do the same. When the short list comes in, your team will be well positioned to win the interview.
Through discussion and interactive exercises, the first portion of this workshop will help improve your approach to proposal writing, your content quality, and your turnaround time:
- Learn how to determine the reader’s purpose and why this is important
- Demonstrate the difference between project needs and client goals and how to fulfill both
- Build stories to convey complicated concepts and processes in language everyone can understand
Collaborating effectively with technical teammates for critical proposal content is a common challenge. The second half of the workshop will focus on engagement strategies to obtain complex information:
- How the three communication styles (auditory, kinesthetic, and visual) can help you communicate better with technical professionals
- Strategies to use with technical teammates to get better content faster (creative brief, audio interviews, storytelling formula, grammar checker, online proofreading service)
7:30 – 8:00 am | Registration & Networking (Light breakfast food and coffee/tea will be provided.)
8:00 am – Noon | Workshop
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Scott leads the Johnston Training Group programs that enable technical professionals to present powerfully, write purposefully, and facilitate seamlessly. In addition, he leads the JTG Selection Panel research, conducting in-person interviews with selection panel members from numerous public and private organizations. As a principal at JTG, he has helped A/E/C firms differentiate themselves and win more work—from early proposal creation to the final project interview. Scott has spoken at the Society for Marketing Professional Services, American Council of Engineering Companies, and American Institute of Architects events.
|LEARN AND EARN CEU
Create Proposal Content Clients Craveis approved for (4) Continuing Education Units.
Content covers the following Domain(s) of Practice:4 – Proposals
Junior Marketer – supports marketing activities.
$120.00 SMPS Member