- This event has passed.
NAIOP WA: SD Breakfast: Energy Code [Sustainable Development]
April 2, 2020 @ 7:30 am - 9:00 am PDT
Three new pieces of legislation are upping the ante for energy efficiency throughout Washington state for both new construction and retrofits, including:
- Seattle Energy Code, currently in draft;
- Washington State Energy Code commercial section, updates for which go into effect July 1, 2020;
- and the state’s new Energy Performance Standard for [Existing] Commercial Buildings, adoped last year, with rulemaking underway.
These are some of the most stringent energy regulations in the country. Three great speakers working at the nexus of implementing these regulations will bring us up to date as a group, and will be available for individual questions.
- Duane Jonlin, City of Seattle, lead for the new Seattle Energy Code
- Eric Vander May, Rushing, Chair of the Mechanical, Ventilation, and Energy subcommittee of Washington Building Codes Council
- Ric Cochrane, McKinstry, McKinstry Energy and Technical Services lead, who is deeply engaged in rulemaking and helping effectively implement the new State Energy Performance Standard
- Tuesday, April 2, 7:30 – 9:00 a.m.
- MG2 | 1101 2nd Ave #100 | Seattle, WA 98101
- $30 Members | $50 Non-Members