- This event has passed.
NAIOP WA: DEI Summer Intern Program: Life of the Deal – Part 2 [Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion]
July 13 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm PDT
The NAIOP Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion College Internship Program is a resource for current college students, NAIOP student members, and students who have been placed in a summer internship with NAIOP-member CRE companies. This program is a platform for interns of diverse ethnicities, genders, abilities, and sexual orientations to interact more closely with NAIOP, connect with peers, and experience the breadth of the CRE industry. By providing an additional support resource for NAIOP member companies, we aim to enhance the interns’ summer experiences and bring them together with other college students from diverse backgrounds. The more we can enhance the intern experience, the more likely students are to seek full-time employment in the industry.
During the program, participating students will meet with DEI Committee members to discuss their career goals, learn about job opportunities in CRE, hear from CRE professionals, and develop deeper connections with industry professionals and their peers. Click here to learn more.
- Intern Sign Up Deadline: Friday, June 17
- The program free and open to current college students, all NAIOP student members, and NAIOP member-company interns.
Interns must commit to attending the all events of the program. Intern lunches cover topics ranging from commercial real estate operations, law & land use, recruiting & job search, industry networking, and a property tour.
Wednesday Lunches, 12-1 p.m.*:
- June 29: Kick-Off Event
- Hosted by Urban Renaissance Group LLC
- July 6: Lunch & Learn – Life of the Deal Series Part 1
- Hosted by Lease Crutcher Lewis
- Speakers include: Gregory Swinton (NBBJ) and Danielle Jacobs (DCI Engineers)
- July 13: Lunch & Learn – Life of the Deal Series Part 2
- Hosted by JLL
- Speakers include: Cait Carew (Lake Union Partners) and Serena Sayani (Stokes Lawrence, P.S.)
- July 27: Lunch & Learn – Recruiting & Job Search
- Hosted by HAL Real Estate
- Speakers include: Alli Burton (McKinstry)
- Aug 3: Closing Event
- Hosted by Amazon
- Includes tour of Amazon Spheres
*Program dates and meeting topics are subject to change.