NAIOP WA: Community Enhancement 2020
September 26 @ 7:30 am - 4:30 pm PDT
Auburn Valley YMCA
Sept. 26, beginning at 7:30 a.m.
The Y is Seattle’s founding nonprofit organization, offering health, hope, and opportunity to:
- Parents find a safe, nurturing environment for their children to stay active, be engaged, and learn positive values. Children and teens play and develop self-confidence while feeling accepted and supported.
- Former foster kids and homeless young people receive assistance with housing, employment, life skills, and other resources to learn and work.
- Families in crisis due to mental health, child abuse, neglect, or substance abuse receive support and resources from licensed counselors. People from all backgrounds and walks of life come together to volunteer and help strengthen their community.
- Adults connect with friends, pursue interests, and learn how to live healthier.
Making a lasting impact on the community since 1990
Each year, as a demonstration of our commitment to philanthropy and our community, NAIOPWA partners with a deserving non-profit or government organization in the Pacific Northwest for a day of community service that provides needed upgrades and maintenance to the selected project site. Our Community Enhancement Committee plans the implementation of dozens of individual projects at the selected site, solicits financial support and material resources, and coordinates hundreds of volunteers to make the projects happen. Over three decades, NAIOPWA has upgraded and remodeled schools, playgrounds, child-care and special needs centers, including outdoor projects that serve both the people served and our environment through restoration efforts, utilizing the unique talents and resources of the NAIOP community.
When you sponsor Community Enhancement, you are making a difference in our community and paving the way for future generations to learn, grow and thrive in the Pacific Northwest.
- Saturday, September 26, 2020 | 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Click here to add this event to your calendar!
- Advance registration is optional, and helps NAIOPWA prepare projects and supplies.
- One individual may register on behalf of a team for this event.
- Volunteers of all ages are welcomed and encouraged to participate. Projects at all skill levels will be ready for anyone willing to work!
Suggested attire: Although the location has not been identified, it’s always a good idea to prepare for rain. We recommend long-sleeved shirts, pants and boots, as well as rain gear. Work gloves will be provided.
Event details are subject to change. Sign up for our weekly email newsletter to be alerted when a site has been selected & when pre-registration opens.