NAIOP WA: 2021 Community Enhancement [Auburn Valley YMCA]
October 2 @ 7:30 am - 4:30 pm PDT
The Y is Seattle’s founding nonprofit organization, offering health, hope, and opportunity to:
- Parents find a safe, nurturing environment for their children to stay active, be engaged, and learn positive values. Children and teens play and develop self-confidence while feeling accepted and supported.
- Former foster kids and homeless young people receive assistance with housing, employment, life skills, and other resources to learn and work.
- Families in crisis due to mental health, child abuse, neglect, or substance abuse receive support and resources from licensed counselors. People from all backgrounds and walks of life come together to volunteer and help strengthen their community.
- Adults connect with friends, pursue interests, and learn how to live healthier.
The site perfectly embodies NAIOPWA’s Community Enhancement Mission; we look forward to working with them to support the amazing work they do in our community.
- Saturday, October 2 | 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Auburn Valley YMCA | 1620 Perimeter Rd, Auburn, WA 98001
- Advance registration is optional, and helps NAIOPWA prepare projects and supplies.
- One individual may register on behalf of a team for this event.
- Financial contributions to ensure projects can be completed
- Split rail cedar fencing
- Landscape edging for walking path/track
Suggested attire: Prepare for potential rain showers and an urban worksite. We recommend long-sleeved shirts, pants and boots, as well as rain gear. Work gloves will be provided.
Volunteers of all ages are welcomed and encouraged to participate. Projects at all skill levels will be ready for anyone willing to work!